Note: For 2022, Mirka is phasing out Gold 5" 5-Hole and 8-Hole grip discs and replacing them with Gold 5" Multifit 42-hole Grip Discs, 23-5MF Series. Very limited 5" 8-hole discs are left in stock. Multifit offer improved dust extraction and up to 10% more stock removal and offer universal fit on most vacuum pattern backup pads and greater grit selection. As the Gold 5" 8-hole stock is depleted, it will be substituted with Gold 5" Multifit.
Mirka Gold 5" 8-Hole Grip Sanding Discs (23-615 Series) and Gold 5" Multifit 42-hole Grip Discs (23-5MF Series) are suited for high-speed sanding in a multitude of applications such as automotive, marine, wood, metal and composites.
The 8-hole vacuum pattern offers excellent dust extraction when used in conjunction with a vacuum system. Designed for use with 5" 8-hole or 5" multi-hole hook & loop type backup pads.
Mirka Gold features latex paper backing, semi-open grain and special stearate coatings designed to prevent clogging and pill forming which helps achieve an optimal sanding result.
Sold 50 discs per box.
Features & Benefits:
- Extra strong aluminum oxide grains in 60 to 600 grit for an excellent long lasting cut
- Optimized grain distribution allows the product to perform faster with less clogging
- Gold 60 to 180 grit has a Calcium based stearate for tough grinding
- Gold 220 grit and finer is Zinc based for less clogging on soft application
- Improved backing paper, has a more even coating of grains and resin providing the perfect finish
- Suited for automotive refinishing, marine industry, composite processing, vehicles manufacturing, paint and decoration, woodwork
- Suited for use on composite materials, hard and soft woods, MDF, veneers, mild, carbon and stainless steel, aluminum, cast iron, copper alloys, brass and bronze, lacquers, body filler, plaster, putty, sanding of paint, paint removal and much more.
- Grain: Aluminum oxide
- Bonding: Resin over resin Progressive Bond™
- Backing: Grip
- Coating: Semi-open
- Color: Gold
- Grit range: P60 to P600