Mirka Gold 5" Multifit 42-Hole Grip Sanding Discs (23-5MF Series) are suited for high-speed sanding in a multitude of applications such as automotive, marine, wood, metal and composites.
Mirka Gold features latex paper backing, semi-open grain and special stearate coatings designed to prevent clogging and pill forming which helps achieve an optimal sanding result. With optimum clogging resistance, you can sand faster and your abrasives last longer, meaning reduced downtime and improved focus on the job.
Mirka Multifit technology is the universal all-in-one solution for time-efficient quality sanding. Multifit is a new multi-hole concept for abrasives, designed for universal fit on all 5" sanding machines. It means the abrasive is always correctly placed on any machine, with no need to make it match the holes on the 5" grip backing pad as long as a good vacuum is applied.
Mirka Multifit is designed for efficient dust extraction, combining dust repellence with an optimally perforated surface. With 42 carefully arranged holes that only take up 6 percent of the surface, Multifit targets the balance of dust removal, sanding power and durability.
Recommended Mirka brand accessories include backup pads 915GV28 (medium density), 915SGV28 (soft density) and interface pad 9155 for sanding contours.
Sold 50 discs per box.
Features & Benefits:
- Multifit 42-hole vacuum pattern offers a universal fits any 5" grip backup pad
- Extra strong aluminum oxide grains in 40 to 800 grits for an excellent long-lasting cut
- Optimized grain distribution allows the product to perform faster with less clogging
- Gold 40 to 180 grit has a Calcium based stearate for tough grinding
- Gold 220 grit and finer is Zinc based for less clogging on soft application
- Improved backing paper, has a more even coating of grains and resin providing the perfect finish
- Suited for automotive refinishing, marine industry, composite processing, vehicles manufacturing, paint and decoration, woodwork
- Suited for use on composite materials, hard and soft woods, MDF, veneers, mild, carbon and stainless steel, aluminum, cast iron, copper alloys, brass and bronze, lacquers, body filler, plaster, putty, sanding of paint, paint removal and much more.
- Grain: Aluminum oxide
- Bonding: Resin over resin Progressive Bond™
- Backing: Grip
- Size: 5"
- Vacuum Pattern: Multifit 42-hole pattern
- Coating: Semi-open
- Color: Gold
- Grit range: P40 to P800