Mirka Galaxy 6" Solid Grip Sanding Discs (FY-622 Series) features the sharpest ceramic grains and toughest film backing, abrasive technology that is out of this world! Mirka Galaxy allows for a winning combination of long life, fast cut and easy polishing out of finer grits.
At its core, Mirka Galaxy is a multi-purpose product, suitable for the sanding of both soft and hard materials and various substrates. Galaxy features superb edge wear durability, excellent clogging resistance, dust repellent stearate coating and optimal dust extraction in Multifit vacuum patterns. Mirka Galaxy is perfectly suited for the automotive and vehicle manufacturing, collision repair, marine production and repair and wood industries.
The blue ceramic grains of the Galaxy are engineered to self-sharpen and not dull, as once the edge of the abrasive grain breaks off it simply forms new edges, making it possible for the Galaxy to continue cutting. The polyester film backing offers a tough durable base that won't crack or fall apart under even the toughest sanding conditions.
Sold 50 discs per box.
Features and Benefits:
- Self-Sharpening grains continue cutting – from edge to edge
- New, sharp grains form as you sand
- Lasting sharpness means a long life and a fast cut
- Clog resistant coating repels dust to keep grains free to cut
- Scratch pattern of finer grits polishes out easily
- 3M™ Cubitron™
- Norton Blaze™
- Sunmight Ceramic Film
- Size: 6" diameter
- Grain: Ceramic/Aluminum oxide
- Color: Blueish
- Backing: Polyester film
- Bonding: Low VOC resin system
- Attachment: Grip (hook & loop)
- Grit: range 40-2000
- Coating: Semi-open
- Vacuum Pattern: None (solid)