Mirka Abralon 1.3" Foam Polishing Grip Discs (8A-600 Series) are award-winning abrasives constructed of a unique multi-functional sanding material, developed for the flexible sanding of both smooth and profiled surfaces.
By combining the benefits of cloth and non-woven products, it's patented, flexible construction allows it to create a smooth sanding pattern on angled surfaces and edges while minimizing the risk of pressure marks. The flexible weave also allows water and air to pass freely, making it suitable for both wet and dry sanding, by machine or hand.
Abralon discs are washable, extending the life of the disc while keeping your finishes consistent time after time. Abralon performs best when used a slower speeds so set sanding machine speed to low.
Small 1.3" size are perfect for use with 1.25" backup pads such as Mirka 1125SG-R.
Sold 10 discs per box in a grit range from 500 to 4,000.
Features and Benefits:
- Designed to sand contoured surfaces, corners and sharp edges
- Constructed with a fabric face, foam center and grip backing
- Openings in fabric allow water, solvent and air to flow freely around the abrasive
- Foam center provides even surface pressure that helps eliminate "finger marks" when hand sanding
- Designed for optimum performance in both wet and dry sanding
- Combines benefits of abrasive cloth and non-woven products
- Open cell design holds large amounts of water or solvent for lubrication and cooling
- Silicon Carbide abrasive bonded with special resin on knitted face, foam center, grip pad
- 1.3" size
- Sold 10 per box in 500 to 4,000 grits
- Part # 8A-600-GRIT
Grit Selection Tips:
Coarser grits are recommended for:
- Surface preparation of composite body parts
- Fine sanding of the body surfaces before primer and top lacquer
Finer grits are suitable for:
- Smoothing of primers and bottom lacquers
- Preparation of surfaces between blending
- Sanding of pot marked surfaces
- Preparation of the top coat before polishing