Mirka Abralon 6" Foam Polishing Grip Discs (8A-240 Series) award-winning abrasives are constructed of a unique multi-functional sanding material, developed for the flexible sanding of both smooth and profiled surfaces.
By combining the benefits of cloth and non-woven products, its patented, flexible construction allows it to create a smooth sanding pattern on angled surfaces and edges while minimizing the risk of pressure marks. The flexible weave also allows water and air to pass freely, making it suitable for both wet and dry sanding, by machine or hand.
Abralon discs are washable, extending the life of the disc while keeping your finishes consistent time after time. Abralon performs best when used at slower speeds so set sanding machine speed to low.
Sold 10 discs per box for 180 to 4000 to grit, 12 discs per box for Assorted Pack (2 each 180, 360, 500, 1000, 2000 & 4000 grit).
Features and Benefits:
- Designed to sand contoured surfaces, corners and sharp edges
- Constructed with a fabric face, foam center and grip backing
- Openings in fabric allow water, solvent and air to flow freely around the abrasive
- Foam center provides even surface pressure that helps eliminate "finger marks" when hand sanding
- Designed for optimum performance in both wet and dry sanding
- Combines benefits of abrasive cloth and non-woven products
- Open cell design holds large amounts of water or solvent for lubrication and cooling
- Engineered solid surfaces and gel-coat
- Lacquer finishes
- Topcoat finishing & repair
- Sealer sanding
- White wood sanding
- Boat polishing
- Silicon Carbide abrasive bonded with special resin on knitted face, foam center, grip pad
- 6" size discs
- 10 per box in 180-4000 grits; 12 per box in assorted pack (2 ea. 180, 360, 500, 1000, 2000 & 4000 grit)
- Part numbers 8A-240-GRIT and 8A-240-AP (Assorted Pack)
Grit Selection Tips:
Coarser grits are recommended for:
- Surface preparation of composite body parts
- Fine sanding of the body surfaces before primer and top lacquer
Finer grits are suitable for:
- Smoothing of primers and bottom lacquers
- Preparation of surfaces between blending
- Sanding of pot marked surfaces
- Preparation of the top coat before polishing